Latest version: 4.1.x
Lenses supports external schema registries for Avro type schemas. Schema Registries from both Confluent and Hortonworks are compatible. Once configured, Lenses provides an interface to manage the schemas based on the appropriate permissions.
Navigate to schemas
- From the Header Bar Menu, go to the Dashboard panel.
- On the side navigation, select Schema Registry under the Data section.
Create a schema
- Click the
- Fill in the unique Name and the Avro schema.
View a schema
Navigate to a specific schema by clicking the Name of the schema from the list. Each schema represents either the Key or the Value.
Avro schemas allow evolution based on the compatibility rule set. You can navigate to the different versions of each schema.
Specific compatibility can be set for each schema.
Edit a schema
Based on the compatibility mode of the schema, schemas can be evolved to a new version.
- Click on the Edit button to enable the editor and update the schema.
- Click the Validate button to ensure it’s following the compatibility.
- Click the Evolve Schema button to save the new version.
Delete a schema
Deleting a schema has three options:
- Delete the latest version.
- Delete a specific version.
- Delete all versions.
To delete a schema navigate to the actions options menu:
Compare versions of the same schema by navigating to the History from the actions options menu:
With Lenses version 4.1 or later, support for schema references exists when using Confluent Schema Registry version 5.3 and above.
Schema resolution is supported on the data exploration and the schema registry screens. Please keep in mind that schema resolution is not supported in SQL Processors or Kafka Connectors.